Re: Please test RE24

Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
> --On Tuesday, October 23, 2007 3:05 PM -0400 Aaron Richton
> <richton@nbcs.rutgers.edu> wrote:
>
>> Is it usual/expected to get failed binds during "make test" in RE24?
>
> Yep.  That's one of the tests.

Note that in general the test suite allows one to define what errors are
acceptable and what are not (the -i switch, which allows textual form
for errors that should be ignored: just remove the LDAP_ prefix from
usual macros).  Since one can't tell with enough granularity what error
is expected from each single operation when a mix of success and failure
are possible, the designer of the test should be careful.  I'll probably
extend the format of the test inputs to allow to optionally define the
expected result set for each operation, as soon as required by any
specific test.  In the above case, we force some bind failures by
attempting binds with all users with password defined in the database,
and by denying some of them auth access to their password.

p.

Ing. Pierangelo Masarati
OpenLDAP Core Team

SysNet s.r.l.