Re: imporvement to slapo-constraint (ITS#4987)

Emmanuel Dreyfus wrote:
> Howard Chu <hyc@symas.com> wrote:
>
>>> 2) configuration syntax: do we keep this one or do we swtich to
>>> something else?
>> Something like
>>       constraint-reference attr1 attr2
>
> I thought a bit about it: a useful improvement would be to contraint on
> the values returned by an LDAP URI. I'll have a look at it when I'll
> have some time.

Funny you mention that. Just added support for generating select lists
based on DIT content in web2ldap. Plugin class looks like attached
below. I take the two attributes defined in the LDAP URL as option
value,text tuple (in that order).

But I'd really like to see the constraints being defined in subschema
subentry instead of slapd.conf.

Ciao, Michael.

--
Michael Ströder
E-Mail: michael@stroeder.com

--------------------------------- snip ---------------------------------

class DepartmentNumber(DynamicLDAPSelectList):
  oid = 'DepartmentNumber-oid'
  desc = 'Test of plugin-class DynamicLDAPSelectList'

  ldap_url =
'ldap:///ou=numbers,ou=Testing,dc=stroeder,dc=de?ou,description?one?'

syntax_registry.registerAttrType(
  DepartmentNumber.oid,[
    '2.16.840.1.113730.3.1.2', #
  ]