Re: Asyncronous connect(2) in client library?

Pierangelo Masarati wrote:
The client library seems to allow pretty much asynchronous operations except for connect(2), and I've been requested if it's possible to remove that limitation (?). I see there is code in libraries/libldap/os-ip.c to kinda deal with asynchronous connect(2), but it's protected behind

#ifdef notyet

lasting since first import from UMIch's ldap-3.3 ('98); does anybody see any issue in working at that that I'm overlooking?

There's no user-visible API for managing connections. I guess you'll have to define that yourself. Probably a good idea to split out the select/poll on the connection that is currently in ldap_pvt_connect() to its own function, and tie it into ber_sockbuf_ctrl LBER_SB_OPT_DATA_READY or something similar.