Re: syncrepl refresh

Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:

--On Friday, October 14, 2005 3:04 PM -0700 Howard Chu <hyc@symas.com> wrote:

Just a thought... It might be useful to have the consumer return a
referral to the provider if queries arrive while it is in the middle of a
full refresh. Chaining to the provider would be a nicer option; I think
the chain overlay would already allow that.

I would just like to have it configurable to where I want it to point -- I'd point it to my LB pool. ;)

Yeah, that's easy enough.

Plus having a way to query the monitor backend to see if it is refreshing or not would *also* be useful. Because then I could write my LB software to see if it is refreshing, and keep it out of the pool until it isn't.

As you'll note from my recent commits, the consumer currently doesn't do anything special to distinguish between a full refresh and a normal refresh. With the delta-syncrepl support I'm testing now, it does do a specific full refresh when it is out of date with the log, but for regular syncrepl there's still no distinction.