Re: ITS#3985 test039 hangs on Windows

Howard Chu writes:
> On the other hand, when exactly is it possible for a single request to
> have more than one result message?

SearchResult<Entry/Reference> and the newer IntermediateResponse.  I
seem to remember there was an extended search result or something once
which was removed due to lack of implementation, but I can't find it.
But these are all identified by their tags, not the result code.

> Googling for LDAP_MORE_RESULTS_TO_RETURN shows that at least
> Sun/Netscape think this can only happen as the result of a SASL Bind
> request. But there's nothing in the protocol spec (or LDAPbis drafts)
> that mentions this. It appears that this error code has no real
> application, and "Find the next result..." is wasted effort. What's
> really going on here?

Not a clue... Each SASL BindRequest should have one BindResponse, with
result code LDAP_SASL_BIND_IN_PROGRESS if more requests/responses are
needed.  LDAP_MORE_RESULTS_TO_RETURN seems to be an internal API code,
not a protocol result code.  Note its negative value in ldap.h.

--
Hallvard