Re: Revamping statslog (loglevel 256) output

--On Tuesday, August 23, 2005 9:55 PM +0200 Hallvard B Furuseth <h.b.furuseth@usit.uio.no> wrote:

I'd like to make Statslog output from slapd more readable:

- Replace numeric codes with their names, e.g. result codes,
  search scopes, tag numbers.

- Start each log line - after the "conn= op=" part - with a character or
  two which indicates what kind of I/O, if any, it represents.  E.g.:
  :  Not an LDAPMessage (connect, disconnect, TLS, etc).
  >  Request.
  +> More info about a previously logged ">" request.
  <+ Intermediate response, search result entry/referral.
  <  Final response to a request (or maybe unsolicited notification).
  -  Not I/O, just change of state or something.

Hm.. I like my error codes, really. Makes quick searching through the ldap log

grep err= /var/log/ldap | grep -v err=0

to find anything interesting.

--Quanah

--