Re: back-config design considerarions - Admin Guide fodder

Howard Chu wrote:
 While back-config currently does no ACL checking, exposing it as its
 own database object would also give us a place to define ACLs for it
 down the road, and it now occurs to me that we also need a place to
 hang overlays for the config backend as well.

The current code exposes olcDatabase={0}frontend as the first database in the cn=config tree, while really the frontendDB isn't part of the normal list of databases. back-config is actually the first database in the list of databases, and that's what you get when you use "-n 0" on the slapadd/slapcat command line. It's a bit strange, but I'm going to try going with
olcDatabase={-1}frontend
olcDatabase={0}config
and see how that works out.