Re: slapd/slapi behaviour

>In my opinion, LDAP-server should send reply to any properly formed
>request from the user.
>Although, if one of the slapi preoperation compare plugins returns
>error, slapd may not send any reply to user.

By design, if a pre-operation plugin returns an error code to the
front-end, it should have also called slapi_send_ldap_result() to
send a result to the user. (The behaviour for some plugins, such
as bind preoperation and computed attribute plugins, is slightly
different but this is the general rule.)

-- Luke