Forwarding LDAP authentication requests to RADIUS server

I use LDAP to authenticate and authorize users to several network services.
Now I would like to go on using tokens to authenticate users. Token servers
often accept RADIUS requests for authentication so I added methods in
passwd.c to forward requests to RADIUS servers. This I implemented using
embedded perl in C because there are very powerful libraries found searching
CPAN. So my userpassword entry looks like "{RADIUS}john.smith" to forward
that request. Are there any plans to implement it in native C-code in the
near future ? Unfortunately I'm not the greatest C programmer to do it on my
own but I think that other people could have the same problems so it could be
worth to do it.

Best
Sven