Re: back-ldap and StartTLS

> I myself think this is the job of the frontend, isn't it ?  Should the
> backend be concerned with this, may be I miss something,so how ?

I mean: when contacting the remote server, back-ldap uses the URI provided
in slapd.conf.  If a URI of the type ldaps:// is used, fine.  If ldap://
is used instead, the backend must be instructed to call ldap_start_tls_s()
after initialization.  Currently, it's not.  I prepared a patch for this,
I'd submit it later, unless there's a reason for the current behavior, or
there's another means to start TLS that I'm overlooking at present.

p.

--
Pierangelo Masarati
mailto:pierangelo.masarati@sys-net.it