Re: commit: ldap/servers/slapd/overlays syncprov.c

Howard Chu wrote:

Pierangelo Masarati wrote:

Howard Chu wrote:

No... The overlay searches with manageDSAit set, so it should see referrals as regular entries. And in any case, rs->sr_entry should contain the referral entry. See the code for send_search_reference...

I guess it does only sometimes. I'm seeing referrals returned by back-sql, even though it honors manageDSAit. I'll check back-sql again.

p.

Well, the current ldap-sync draft requires that an entryUUID be sent with references, and we can only do that if the referral entry is provided. If there is no referral entry (e.g., for a default referral or some other items configured in slapd.conf) then there's nothing we can do besides send an invalid response, at which point the consumer will probably fail. But this really indicates a misconfiguration somewhere anyway.

It's almost done (xcept a lot of checking and so); however, there's a problem with results ordering. Since back-sql returns entries on a per structural objectClass basis, and based on how the structural objectClasses are returned by the avl tree, search results may be unordered. As such, entries that are returned before their ancestors cannot be written, and, at present, don't even get refreshed later. I'm working on this.

Ciao, p.