From: Pierangelo Masarati [mailto:ando@sys-net.it]
Sent: Thursday, August 12, 2004 4:00 AM
To: Das, Indu S (Indu)** CTR **
Cc: openldap-devel@OpenLDAP.org
Subject: Re: qs regd original search string in private backend

Das, Indu S (Indu)** CTR ** wrote:

>Hi All,
>
>we are trying to build our own private backend to be used with openldap.
>
>Does anybody knows which is the datastructure that carries the original search string that gets passed to private backends ?

There's no "original search string"; in fact, the search filter in form
of string
is rebuilt from the parsed and checked Filter structure.  It's in
op->ors_filterstring (it's a macro that stands for
o_request.oq_search.rs_filterstring
and it's a member of the Operation structure.  Check
servers/slapd/search.c or
any backend search.c file as an example.

Ciao, p.