Re: DN with semicolon does not work

> That's what I mean with "naive"; the DN_SEPARATOR() macro was probably
> intended as a generic macro and not to be used for that purpose.  I
> suggest properly escaped semicolons to be left in "pretty" form; it is
> guaranteed that a normalized DN will only use commas as rdn separators.
> The ndn exploration in back-bdb should be done with LDAP_DN_RDN_SEP() as
> defined in libraries/libldap/getdn.c (moved to an appropriate header as
> well as those macros that should not be deemed private) instead of
> DN_SEPARATOR() as defined in slap.h, which is inappropriate for a
> normalized DN.

I temporarily fixed the problem in HEAD; a more complete fix would require
moving DN parsing macros from libraries/libldap/getdn.c to a header, and
replace those macros in servers/slapd/slap.h that are duplicate.

I also note that the smae problem may potentially occur in all places
where slapd uses the DN_SEPARATOR() macro (e.g. in ACLs, in limits, in
backend selection and more) so I modified that code as well, and I'm about
to commit this.

p.

--
Pierangelo Masarati