Re: [Fwd: Re: Paged Results and limits]

> However, I think we should avoid that complexity for now.
> And since prtotal is not an orthogonal syntax, I think we
> should remove it.

Kurt,

I need to consider your posting with more care, but I basically
understand your point and find it totally agreeable.  On this
latter, I think the prtotal (call it whatever and implement it
as you like; e.g. pageNumber=unlimited) results from user's
requests.  Users used to exploit pagedResults to circumvent size
limits.  While this usage is basically wrong if uncontrolled,
it may be reasonable if authorized based on the client identity.
As a consequence, we need to provide that functionality, and
limits based on client identity are the ideal means, in my opinion.

Ando.

--
Pierangelo Masarati
mailto:pierangelo.masarati@sys-net.it