Re: checking for bound user

> In an overlay I am working on, when I get a search request I need to
> know if the user is bound or not. From the list archives and from bind.c
> it looks like op->o_req_dn gets set only if the bind succeeds. Is it
> sufficient/safe to only check for NULL on this member to determine if
> the user is bound? op->o_req_ndn gets set, too - does it matter which
> one of these pointers I check?

you should check op->o_conn->c_dn or op->o_conn->c_ndn
AFTER a bind takes place; op->o_req_ndn contains the
DN to be bound during a bind operation.  During other
operations it contains the DN the operation refers to
(e.g. the entry's DN during add,modify, modrdn, delete,
compare; the search base during search; and so on).

p.

--
Pierangelo Masarati
mailto:pierangelo.masarati@sys-net.it