Re: LDAP_DEPRECATED in OPENLDAP_REL_ENG_2_2

At 06:01 PM 12/17/2003, Kurt D. Zeilenga wrote:
>At 10:24 AM 12/17/2003, Hallvard B Furuseth wrote:
>>Why are perfectly good functions like ldap_add()
>
>Note that ldap_(add,modify,...)_s() interfaces are
>not **perfectly good** functions.  There use tends to
>lead to bad error handling.

Guess I should add that ldap_*_ext*() interfaces are
not **perfectly good** functions.  The API, for the
most part, sucks and likely should be completely
deprecated in favor of a completely redesigned API.
But since no one seems to have time for that, guess
we just make do with what we have.

I've changed the LDAP_DECRECATED behavior.  It
hides the deprecated routines when set to 0,
exposes them when set to 1.  The RE22 defaults
to 1.

Kurt