Re: connections_timeout_idle

This is where poll(2) interface is a bit better than the
select(2) interface.   We never switched to the poll(2)
because of uncertainty with how well operating systems
deal with poll(2) threading issues.

Anyways, I suggest that we don't stop reading from a write
blocked descriptor.  Instead we should defer processing of
operations when the descriptor is write blocked.  And, to
prevent DoS, we should have some sane limit on the number
of concurrent requests a client can post (likely a low
limit for anonymous clients and a higher one for authenticated
clients).

Kurt