Re: back-sql using OCI interface

I'm going to forge ahead on my own, unless work decides to spend $$$ on
the unix ODBC drivers.

Four stages to adding an OCI connection layer to back-sql:

0) check out the "current" (HEAD) vers from cvs & rebuild

1) isolate all ODBC calls in one header file and one .c file.  Right
now, just about all the .c files in back-sql include the ODBC headers-
making switching the connection layer a pain.

2) write drop-in replacements for the newly-isolated ODBC files

3) Add the glue to configure, so people can pick which backend they
want with back-sql, default to ODBC

Should know in a day or two if this project is "go".

-y

~~~~~