Re: ITS#1679 gentle SIGHUP handling

> Well, that doesn't give you reconfig restarts, you know.
> I think that has to be done something like this: (...)

Oops, I forgot:

> 8. old slapd waits for current clients to finish, and stops when they
>    do or after a timeout.

...and before that, it rejects new operations with LDAP_UNAVAILABLE.

BTW, maybe that would be a useful feature in itself: 'gentle SIGTERM
handling'.  When slapd receives SIGTERM, it closes the listeners and
rejects further operations with LDAP_UNAVAILABLE, but continues
processing current operations - with a timeout before it gives up and
dies anyway.  E.g. 'stoptimeout' in slapd.conf.

--
Hallvard