RE: partial replication of entries/attributes

I think the whole notion is a potential problem, but I also have a distinct
need for the feature, and I trust myself not to misuse it.  }-)

The best way to use the attr list is in fact to use objectClasses there,
not just individual attribute types. That way you can ensure that Adds
in the replog will always have valid data, including any required
attributes for the relevant objectClasses.

> Maybe we'd consider the automatic inclusion of objectClass among
> the replicated attributes, and select only those values that
> comply with the listed attributes (I'm talking in principle,
> I know the answer: that's what we can get now; in the future
> we'll do LCUP :).

Right!  }-)

The reason I'm doing this: I have a unified authentication database that
contains Kerberos, Unix and NT attributes in a single object per user.
I want to replicate only the NT attributes to an ActiveDirectory instance.
If I replicated the entire entry, ActiveDirectory would barf on the other
stuff... For my purposes, all Adds will always have a complete set of
attributes, so there is no danger of "stripped" entries getting lost.