Re: An Explanation

At 04:55 PM 2002-01-18, Andrew Leach \(NTL\) wrote:
>I'm new to this so, could someone please explain what is required for task
>'Implement -V version options' on the todo list please.

For each command line tool (e.g. ldapsearch(1), etc.),
add a flag '-V' which prints the information about the tool
version and the library version.  An initial implementation
can just print the __Version variable.  A more sophisticated
implementation would also print some API version information
(see libldap/apitest).  And, as extra credit, -VV provide a
usage message instead of version info, so the version info
can say "use -VV to get command line usage".

Kurt