RE: back-bdb deadlocks

I've updated to glibc 2.2.4/linuxthreads 0.9, did not rebuild bdb after that.

Your db_stat results are interesting, 0 deadlocks. I can now get this
sometimes, but other times there are a few. I would expect this to be totally
non-deterministic. Must have something to do with thread scheduling
algorithms... With usermode threads you also need aio support, otherwise
any blocking I/O blocks all threads, making you effectively single-threaded.
That would certainly give deadlock-free execution.