Re: partial replication of entries/attributes

At 01:36 PM 2002-01-10, Pierangelo Masarati wrote:
>I definitely meant using some sort of ACLs when generating the replog
>data, a sort of extension/generalization of the current code that
>partially replicates a subtree.  One could think of generating only
>partial changes based on some rule; ACLs may be one flexible way to
>write those rules.

If we use LCUP for replication, then ACLs would naturally
be applied.  I much rather put some effort into implementing
LCUP than to waste much time enhancing slurpd(8).  Of course,
developer's have practicalities (their immediate needs) to
consider.

Kurt