Re: where has ber_bvdup() gone?

> Actually, it turned out that one of our libraries (licensing library)
> was built against an older version of OpenLDAP.
>
> Which raises the question - was it really necessary to break the
> binary ABI? Or was ber_bvdup() not specified by the C API draft
> (I admit to not having checked)?

I guess you're right.  That hack came out of an optimization Howard Chu
recently added; I think he decided to replace the function with a macro
to delay (maybe forever) the replacement of many calls throughout the
code. I checked the draft-ietf-ldapext-ldap-c-api-xx.txt and the function
is mentioned; this will possibly require replacing the calls to ber_bvdup()
and deleting the macro.

Consider however that this is HEAD code; the macro could also be confined
to the server.

Ando.