RE: back-bdb performance

I will have to take a look at that. I found a couple bugs in 3.3.11.
Thanks for the notice.

Concurrent write access is a problem because of the possibility of
deadlock. Using the Concurrent Database Store may seem to cause a
bottleneck, but it may be faster overall because it avoids deadlock.
When I split my 10000 entry ldif file into two separate files and
spawn two ldapadd commands on the same server, back-bdb time goes to
1 or 2 minutes (up from 30-some seconds) depending on the deadlock
detector. Back-ldbm is still around 46 seconds.
  -- Howard