back-bdb

Hi
	I was trying to look at paged-based result for back-bdb. From the
current code I found that in back-bdb for searching we have an array
called candidates[] which stores currently the range of ids in which to
search (and as replied in an earlier posting, will probably later contain
the ids of possible candidates) and an ID cursor. Now it seems to me that
one needs to store at least 'cursor' for implementing paged-based search.
Also as candidates[] would govern the candidates over which 'cursor'
should range, storing candidates[] would be good. But candidates is a huge
array (64K) and so it would have too much overhead. Thus it seems that the
cursor is only stored and everytime the request for next set arrives,
candidates[] is recalculated and then search starts from the cursor. Won't
this recalculation of candidates[...] everytime cause an overhead ? Or is
there something which I am missing ... ?

Regards
Debajyoti