Re: simple paged results control

At 01:36 AM 2001-10-19, Debajyoti Bera wrote:
>Server Side:
>------------

I would only implement the control for storage backends (back-bdb,
back-ldbm).

For this, one just needs to remember enough state to jump into
the candidate test/return loop in the backend's search function.
For back-bdb/ldbm, one would need to remember the IDL and
the position within that list  That's enough.  But for santity
sake, I'd also remember the id/dn of the base object (as located
in the db) and verify that subsequent requests refer to the the
same id/dn.

The needed state can be stored in the connection structure.
An array could be used to allow multiple paged result requests
per connection to operate concurrently.

Kurt