Re: question on RFC3062 - plugin API

Hi,

Thanks for your response Kurt.

Is the plugin API documented?  I know it's experimental.  If it is,
where can I find this documentation.

Specifically I'd like to create a plugin that notifies an external
program that a attribute has changed/deleted or an object of type
objectclass which requires/allows the presence of this attribute has
been added/deleted.  The plugin would notify the external program (
write to an external file etc. ) of the operation that occurred and the
return code/status of that operation.

I took a look at 3112.  Is this suppose to be a replacement to the
common habit of adding the encryption type before the value in the
userpassword attribute?  Because, according to what I took from this
RFC, it's suppose to to allow the storage of hashed passwords in the
directory instead of plain text.  But many directories already do this
by stating the encryption type in the attribute value. eg. {CRYPT} or
{SHA}, etc.  I know I probably read the RFC wrong, but is that the case?

Another potentially stupid question is, how is 3062 different from
sending a ldapmodify request on a the userpassword attribute as that
user?

-Kervin