Re: OpenLDAP profiling/performance

At 11:51 PM 1/3/01 -0500, Ben Collins wrote:
>On Wed, Jan 03, 2001 at 11:41:45PM -0500, Ben Collins wrote:
>> On Wed, Jan 03, 2001 at 07:29:36PM -0800, Kurt D. Zeilenga wrote:
>> > Do you have an objectClass equality index?
>> >
>> > Note that user provided filter is augmented to locate
>> > aliases, referrals, and etc.
>>
>> No, I don't have any objectClass indexes, and there are no aliases or
>> referals in my db.
>
>Ok, I added an objectClass equality index and now it works. Question is,
>should it really be needed for indexing to work to have this? If so,
>shouldn't the objectClass index be implicitly created and used?

That's what 1.2 did.  But 2.0 has a variety of indexing options
(to support subtyping and language tags) which can be applied
to all attribute types (including objectClass).  I wasn't
comfortable at the time with hardcoding a particular choice,
so I just added "index objectClass eq" to the provided examples.

In retrospect, objectClass should be treated as an
operational attribute type (which is consistent with X.500
recommendations) and a reasonable (equality with no flags)
indexing choice hardcoded.

Kurt