Re: [Fwd: sUffixAlias]

Howard Chu wrote:

> I've done a masquerading backend in our private version of back-ldap.
> It seems like a good idea to me. Especially now that we have real schema
> support to work with; you can find every attribute with DN syntax and
> massage those as well to fit the desired suffix.

That's exactly what I mean.

> In essence, you can glue
> any LDAP directory to any other LDAP directory, and transparently hide the
> junction between them. We can stack any number of directories arbitrarily
> deeply nested in this manner. We can also support other topologies as well,
> but for sanity's sake I prefer to restrict our setups to avoid cycles...

To avoid excessive implementation overhead I'm thinking about handling such
feature at the slapd level, i.e. right before sending any search result, so
any backend
would allow it. I'm still trying to figure out how to handle add/modify/delete
stuff.
All of this should be done only in case the masquerading is intentionally
switched
on, otherwise it is likely to add undesirable overhead.

Regards, Pierangelo.

SysNet s.n.c. <ando@sys-net.it>