RE: CORBA-ised backend

Hi Mark,

Last year I started working on a generic CORBA backend for OpenLDAP to
access our proprietary user database. It simply translates incoming LDAP
requests to CORBA and passes them to the actual (CORBA) backend server. The
IDL definition for the backend interface is available at
http://home.lifeline.nl/bastiaan/openldap/corba/idldoc/.
Unfortunately it never got further than early prototype state because
priorities forced me to work on other things. If you're interested I
probably can delve it up from CVS, though. It only handles anonymous
searches at the moment (once it's ported to the current OpenLDAP release).
You'll need omniORB2 (not 3) as well.

Good luck,

Bastiaan Bakker
LifeLine Networks BV