RE: logging enhancements, take 2

Sorry about that.  Kurt and I have been conducting discussions
on openldap-devel so everyone would be informed.  Anyway, if what
you're doing satisfies Kurt, I'll be happy to bow out.  I haven't
committed anything yet, and haven't invested so much time that I'd
feel bad letting someone else take over.  Post some notes on what
you've done and let Kurt evaluate.