Re: Darwin (netbsd)

>is there anyone, who is working on a port to darwin (underlying OS for MacOS
>X which is open source and based on netbsd) ?

Well, it's a mish-mash of NEXTSTEP, NetBSD, and FreeBSD, but...

>If not, what is the best way to start such an effort? What requirements are
>needed?

Should just work with OpenLDAP 2.x, the only proviso being that if
you wish to build shared libraries you'll need to compile with
-fno-common.

Here's the top level makefile that I use to build OpenLDAP under
MacOS X (this sits in a directory _above_ the OpenLDAP
distribution):

--------- CUT HERE ---------
##
# Makefile for OpenLDAP
##
# Luke Howard, lukeh@darwin.apple.com
##

RC_JASPER             = YES
DEBUG                 = YES

# Project info
Project               = ldap
ProjectName           = OpenLDAP
UserType              = Administrator
ToolType              = Services
GnuNoBuild            = YES

Extra_LD_Flags        =
Extra_CC_Flags        = -fno-common
Extra_Configure_Flags = --enable-shared

Extra_Install_Flags   =	sysconfdir="$(DSTROOT)$(ETCDIR)/openldap" \
			localstatedir="$(DSTROOT)$(VARDIR)" \
			includedir="$(DSTROOT)/$(USRINCLUDEDIR)"

Extra_Configure_Flags += --localstatedir=$(VARDIR) --sysconfdir=$(ETCDIR)

# It's a GNU Source project
include $(MAKEFILEPATH)/CoreOS/ReleaseControl/GNUSource.make

Install_Target = install

build:: configure
	@echo "Building $(Project)..."
	$(_v) $(MAKE) -C $(BuildDirectory)

-- Luke

--
Luke Howard | Darwin Developer | PADL Software Pty Ltd
www.padl.com | lukeh@darwin.apple.com | lukeh@padl.com