Re: phonetic

At 10:42 AM 7/24/00 -0400, Mark Adamson wrote:
>Are approximate "phonetic" matches going away in slapd?

It's gone away... at least until someone recodes it to
work under the new schema architecture.  For now, APPROX
matching is done by the EQUALITY matching rule (which,
per X.500, is acceptable).

> I don't see how
>I'm supposed to allow approx indexing, and I don't see any calls into the
>functions in the phonetic.c file.
>I really need this for Email delivery.

Hopefully for a MUA application and not a MTA/MDA application.
Depending services upon "approximate" matches will give you,
well, in-exact services.  One should never assume a particular
flavor of approximate matching.