encrypted password

Hi,

I'm reading documents on OpenLDAP but haven't found a clue to use store information in an encrypted form into OpenLDAP database (e.g. to store user password). How can I do that with OpenLDAP? Can I configure OpenLDAP so that when it receives clear text information from clients (e.g. ldapadd), it will automatically store into its database using encrypted format? Or do I have to encrypt myself before passing to OpenLDAP? In the second case, what tools should I use?

Any recommendations are welcome and appreciated.

Thanks,
Huynh Le