Re: NT Domain backend

At 12:48 PM 11/18/99 +1100, David J N Begley wrote:
>On Wed, 17 Nov 1999, Mark Valence wrote:
>
>> This is configurable.  I'll change the examples to use "dc=".  What is the
>> proper objectclass for objects whose dn starts "dc=" ?  Does it matter?
>
>As Kurt has already indicated, it depends on the remaining composition of the
>object entry;  if domain component naming is not already supported, then
>"dcObject" or "domain" needs to be added to "objectClass" (IETF RFC 2247).

If the object is of a structural object class other than domain
(or oc derived from domain) then you cannot add domain.  An entry
can have one and only one structure.  That is, an entry cannot
be both an 'organizationalUnit' and a 'domain.'

If you want to use DC naming with structural object classes which
do not allow dc naming attribute type, you should mix in the
auxiliary object class dcObject.

Kurt

----
Kurt D. Zeilenga		<kurt@boolean.net>