Distinguished name format & RFC 1779

According to RFC 1779, the following distinguished names should be equivalent:

o=HOME (1)
o=HOME
objectclass=organization

o="HOME" (2)
o=HOME
objectclass=organization

When adding (1) with openLDAP 2.0-alpha2, everything workd fine, I get
'o=HOME'
                -> ldapsearch -b "o=HOME" -s base "objectclass=*" succeeds
When adding (2), I get 'o="HOME"' with double quotes which is not
equivalent to (1)
                -> ldapsearch -b "o=HOME" -s base "objectclass=*" fails

OK, I admit, my idea was to put +++ inside the double quotes ;o)

Frederic Poels.

P.S. Phew I think it's enough mail for today.