Porting of slapd on Windows NT with Visual C++

Hi,

I am currently trying to compile slapd on Windows NT4 with Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0. I did all the basic step in preparing the projects to find the proper header and lib. But I still got some problem compiling.

Let me show you the steps I have made so far:

- Getting/Installing the latest LDAP source using anonymousCVS
- Getting/Installing POSIX Regex
- Getting/Installing Sleepycat's Berkeley DB

Directories modification in Visual C++ ( new path )

include files:
- ..\ldap\include
-  ..\db-2.7.5\build_win32
-  ..\hd_regex_dist

Library files:
-  ..\db-2.7.5\build_win\Debug
-  ..\hs_regex_dist

I performed a "nmake.exe" on the setup.mak file to have the proper header files.

Now, when I compile, I get linkage errors :
Linking...
nt_svc.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__StartServiceCtrlDispatcherA@4
oldif32.lib(line64.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _ldif_fetch_url
olutil32.lib(ntservice.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__RegSetValueExA@24
olutil32.lib(ntservice.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__RegCloseKey@4
olutil32.lib(ntservice.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__RegCreateKeyExA@36
olutil32.lib(ntservice.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__CloseServiceHandle@4
olutil32.lib(ntservice.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__CreateServiceA@52
olutil32.lib(ntservice.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__OpenSCManagerA@12
olutil32.lib(ntservice.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__DeleteService@4
olutil32.lib(ntservice.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__OpenServiceA@12
olutil32.lib(ntservice.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__SetServiceStatus@8
olutil32.lib(ntservice.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__RegQueryValueExA@24
olutil32.lib(ntservice.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__RegOpenKeyExA@20
olutil32.lib(ntservice.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__DeregisterEventSource@4
olutil32.lib(ntservice.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__ReportEventA@36
olutil32.lib(ntservice.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__RegisterEventSourceA@8
olutil32.lib(ntservice.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __imp__RegisterServiceCtrlHandlerA@8
Release/slapd.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 17 unresolved externals
Error executing link.exe.

I could resolved 16 of theses errors by putting the advapi32.lib in the link area of the slapd project setting.
But is this the right way?

The error I cant seem to resolve is
oldif32.lib(line64.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _ldif_fetch_url

And I had no problem compiling this lib. So what does cause this error?

Any help on the porting of slapd for Windows NT using Microsoft Visual C++ would be greatly appreciated.

Louis