Strange errors with ldbmsearch (50,000 entries)

System: FreeBSD 3.2-STABLE
OpenLDAP 1.2.3 compiled with BerkeleyDB 2.7.5
I created an LDIF file of 50000 entries and used ldif2ldbm to add the
entries in.

When I do an ldbmsearch for objectclass=*, it just prints 10 entries
and stops. Then, I did an ldbmcat -n id2entry.dbb. It core dumped
after printing out 49,959 entries. Next, I did a ldbmtest
and did a 'te' in the command prompt. For one run, I would get the
following printed out

ldbmtest in free(): warning: chunk is already free.

For a lot of runs, I would just get one entry printed out followed by
a core dump

Would appreciate any suggestions ? Is there any limit on the number of
leaf entries in OpenLDAP ?

Thanks, Yusuf

--
Yusuf Goolamabbas