Re: Compiling LDAP on BSD/OS 3.1

At 12:32 PM 8/27/98 -0400, Jonathan Weaver wrote:
>I managed to get the source to compile on a BSD/OS 3.1 machine with a
>small change. (Seems to work fine as of yet)

Great.

>Basically I used the FreeBSD configuration, but with one small change,  I
>commented out pthread_yield() in thread.c ... That was the only thing
>stopping the compile. (Multiple definitions)

Which version of Pthreads does BSD/OS 3.1 support?    The fact that you
have a pthread_yield leads me to believe Draft 4.   How is the prototype
for pthread_create defined?

Depending on how pthread_create is defined, you may want to use
-DTHREAD_MIT_PTHREAD instead of -DPOSIX_THREADS.

>My question: is this a valid way of going about a port? I'd like to have
>an LDAP server on one of our BSDI BSD/OS 3.1 machines.

My approach is to make it work and then minimize the changes (ie: only
make the necessary changes).