[Date Prev][Date Next]
Re: (ITS#6970) OpenLDAP 2.4.25 MemberOf + AutoGroup user has stale "memberof" attributes for target group after removal from trigger group
- To: openldap-its@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: Re: (ITS#6970) OpenLDAP 2.4.25 MemberOf + AutoGroup user has stale "memberof" attributes for target group after removal from trigger group
- From: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2014 16:47:19 GMT
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated (OpenLDAP-ITS)
> Back in June, Gerry replied to me privately. Copying his thoughts
> here, with his permission:
> On Sat, Jun 14, 2014 at 8:13 AM, Gerry Calderhead
> <email@example.com> wrote:
>> It's been a while since I looked at this - in fact since I originally
>> reported it.
>> In the end I concluded it was too much work for me to continue investigating
>> and re-implemented autogroup using an external perl script
>> and removed it from my build of openldap.
>> My conclusion at the time, IIRC, was that the overlay architecture was a bit
>> broken and needed a re-think, specifically to avoid the need to be reentrant
>> - ultimately, by making the overlay CB's asynchronous.
The autogroup overlay's design was broken, yes. The overlay mechanism overall
-- Howard Chu
CTO, Symas Corp. http://www.symas.com
Director, Highland Sun http://highlandsun.com/hyc/
Chief Architect, OpenLDAP http://www.openldap.org/project/