[Date Prev][Date Next]
ITS 1254, core dump in numericStringNormalize()
- To: openldap-bugs@OpenLDAP.org
- Subject: ITS 1254, core dump in numericStringNormalize()
- From: Peter W <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 13:11:04 -0400
- Content-disposition: inline
- User-agent: Mutt/1.2.5i
Quick notes I was unable to add to the ITS ticket:
- suggested fix does not work because...
- isn't (q <= p) an assertion about logical memory addresses?
- does it mean to assert something like newval->bv_val being no shorter than
- which would be "assert( (q - newval->bv_val) <= (p - val->bv_val) );",
right? That assertion *instead* of the two current assertions, right?
- shouldn't the code ensure that the ch_malloc() calls succeeded?