From: ldapext-bounces@ietf.org [mailto:ldapext-bounces@ietf.org] On Behalf Of Kurt D. Zeilenga
Sent: Sunday, April 24, 2005 7:43 AM
To: RL 'Bob' Morgan
Cc: Patrik Fältström; Roland Hedberg; Leif Johansson; xeddev@adacel.com; 'ldapext@ietf.org'
Subject: Re: [ldapext] URN namespace for ldap/X.509 schema elements?

At 11:43 PM 4/23/2005, RL 'Bob' Morgan wrote:
>Then I really don't understand what you mean by this point.  If there are no users involved then what could be the difference between
>
>  urn:oid:2.5.6.2
>
>and
>
>  urn:ietf:param:ldap-parameters:objectidentifierdescriptors:country
>
>as they're both just strings that identify an attribute type?

Because some implementations are too stupid to map
'2.5.6.2' to 'country' (or vice versa).

If you are not an intended recipient of this e-mail, please notify the sender, delete it and do not read, act upon, print, disclose, copy, retain or redistribute it. Click here for important additional terms relating to this e-mail.     http://www.ml.com/email_terms/