Well, that depends. It's your job to help us help you. You
need to provide enough details so that we might be able to
reproduce the problem without drowning us with extraneous information.
Information that is helpful to solving problems:
- the exact version of OpenLDAP in use (see build/version)
- platform details (operating system, hardware, etc)
- configure environment, options, 3rd party libraries used, etc.
- the full command line that produced the error
- output from the commands run with debugging on eg.
ldapsearch -d -1 -x -b 'dc=example,dc=net' '(cn=fre*)'
slapd -d -1
(or other, less verbose debugging levels if appropriate;
see slapd.conf(5) and slapd(8) for details)
- for problems in slapd, the relevant portions of the slapd.conf
If an application crashes (segfault, bus error, etc.), use a
debugger such as gdb
to obtain a stack back trace.
If no core file is generated, look at ulimit(1) for instructions
about how to enable core file generation.
To report useful information from gdb please: