Re: Replication account problem

Am 08.01.20 um 16:16 schrieb Vincent Ducot:
> Hi all,
> I'm testing multi-master replication between (at least 2) openldap nodes (2.4.45, on Ubuntu 18.04) and facing a problem with replication account.

At some point in time I decided to create a separate database as replication-account

slapd.conf:
	database ldif
	directory /empty
	suffix "dc=syncrepl"
	access to dn.base="dc=syncrepl" by * auth
	rootdn "dc=syncrepl"
	rootpw "{PLAIN}secret"

This account exist per configuration even on an "empty" syncrepl consumer and is allowed to read/write the database to be replicated.
It will not be replicated itself an avoid the issue you describe. N-way replication can start from zero.

If this should be insecure, I hope, somebody will correct me (and the archive), please.

Andreas