Re: slapd and LetsEncrypt certificates: does a cert renewal necessitate a server restart?

On 9/10/19 3:34 PM, Howard Chu wrote:
Olivier wrote:
Jean-Francois Malouin <Jean-Francois.Malouin@bic.mni.mcgill.ca> writes:

As the subject say, I'm contemplating the use of LetsEncrypt TLS certificates.
Is there a way to make slapd aware of a cert renewal (they happen every 90
days) without restarting it, ie, with minimal service interruption?

I *do* restart slapd after I installed the new Let's Encrypt
certificate.

Use ldapmodify to set the new cert in cn=config. No restarts needed.

Nitpicking:
This requires to use new file names for cert and key files, doesn't it?

Ciao, Michael.