Is there a simple document that explains the various admin passwords?

Hi,

I am trying to figure out all the various passwords and access controls.

I seem unable to get my previously documented systems/configurations to work.

I understand that slaptest is supposed to convert my slapd.conf to a new configuration and everything should be fine going forward.

However, I'm having various password and access issues.

Basically,

I use my ldap.conf file and everything seems good.

I start slapd and it works fine.

I perform an ldap search and everything seems fine as it returns my domain.

After that, I try to import my memberof.ldif file and it gives me an access issue.

ldapadd -f /etc/openldap/memberof.ldif -v -D "cn=config" -H ldap://192.168.2.113 -W -c

dn: cn=module,cn=config
cn: module
objectClass: olcModuleList
objectclass: top
olcModuleLoad: memberof.la
olcModulePath: /usr/lib64/openldap

dn: olcOverlay=memberof,olcDatabase={0}config,cn=config
objectclass: olcconfig
objectclass: olcMemberOf
objectclass: olcoverlayconfig
objectclass: top
olcoverlay: memberof

ldap_initialize( ldap://192.168.2.113:389/??base )
Enter LDAP Password:
ldap_bind: Invalid credentials (49)

Obviously, that's a password problem.  My question is why?

What step did I miss in my documentation?

Thank you!

P.