RE: Socat tcp to local socket

With this I am able to issue just one ldap search on the socket.
Subsequent queries fail with 'ldap_sasl_bind(SIMPLE): Can't contact LDAP
server (-1)'

socat -d -d
OPENSSL:192.168.10.18:8443,cafile=/etc/openldap/cacerts/ca.crt,verify=0,
keepalive,reuseaddr,ignoreeof
UNIX-LISTEN:/var/run/ldapi,reuseaddr,type=1,ignoreeof

I am just wondering if this is even possible, maybe the tcp connections
keeps an authorized session? Or ldapi communication is just different?
If this ldapi communication is different from ldaps. I guess I am only
left with the options like
- connecting with some forwarded ssh session to the local ldapi server
socket
- maybe export ldapi with stunnel on the server, and capture it again
with stunnel/socat
- look into slapd proxy/meta