Re: openldap replication

--On Wednesday, August 21, 2019 2:41 PM -0400 sami's strat <sami.strat@gmail.com> wrote:

I'm trying to configure replication between two hosts using the following
as a guideline:

If you already have an existing database, you likely need to slapcat it on the master, re-import it with slapadd, using the -q and -w flags so that a correctly contextCSN value can be stored at the database root. Then export that database and import it on the replica with the -q passed to slapadd so that the replica has a valid sync cookie.

I would also note that back-hdb is deprecated, back-mdb is the supported backend, and the default build from RedHat/CentOS should generally be updated to the current release if you want to do replication. I also strongly advise configuring delta-syncrepl based replication rather than standard sync replication.

For a current version of OpenLDAP, you have three options:

a) You can use the builds from the LTB project found at <https://ltb-project.org/documentation/openldap-rpm#yum_repository>. These install into /usr/local, so are isolated from the system libraries, etc. Fixes made after 2.4.48 will not be included in these builds.

b) You can use the drop-in replacement builds from Symas: <https://repo.symas.com/sofl/rhel7/>. Any critical fixes post 2.4.48 will be added to these builds.

c) You can build and maintain your own OpenLDAP packages.

Regards,
Quanah

Product Architect
Symas Corporation