Re: OpenLDAP 2.3 to 2.4 Migration Question

--On Tuesday, August 20, 2019 5:17 PM -0400 Razi Ahmad <razi@stern.nyu.edu> wrote:

Hi,

I'm working on migrating from OpenLDAP 2.3 to 2.4. I've got my 2.4
provider set up and customized and have a copy of production data to
load. I'd like to know if there's any way to have the memberof attribute
populated during the process of loading the data. I used slapadd but when
I searched for a user, I didn't see the memberOf attribute. Prior to
running the slapadd command, I replaced the groupOfUniqueNames
objectClass with groupOfNames and the uniqueMember attribute with member
inside my LDIF file.

You'll have to use ldapadd if you want memberOf populated.

Product Architect
Symas Corporation
<http://www.symas.com>